Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My Favorite Salad Dressing Recipe

Simple Citrus Balsamic Dressing
I love this salad dressing because it changes. I make it fresh every couple of days so I can always add something different or keep a favorite going for a while.
The main ingredients:
1/4c Olive Oil
1/4c Balsamic Vinegar
1/4c Lemon Juice

 I use about equal parts of each. But you an change this as well. I always have organic lemon juice in the fridge. It's a great cleanser and natural diuretic.

Additions- now put a "Fresh" in front of each of these (live food is always better.) You can add one of these or combinations. Do not store in fridge, the olive oil will solidify, store on the kitchen counter top for no more than 5 days:
Crushed garlic cloves- great during cold season- it build s a strong immune system
Honey
Basil
Orange Juice
Sesame Seeds

Once you have eaten up this fabulous dressing then wash out your glass bottle and start again! I brought this basic recipe with the addition of honey to our big family Christmas dinner ( I was in charge of the salad!) and it was a total hit! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment